"It was super important to me to build as sustainably as possible. FRAME was the one Builder I interviewed who not only 'got it' but their work clearly demonstrated that they shared my values". - Sarah Starkey
Steel is 100% recyclable.
- Our light gauge steel framing materials contain > 40% recycled content.
- Scrap is sold to recyclers and is re-used.
Steel framing produces less waste.
- Waste = 2% for steel vs. 15-20% for concrete block.
- Consistent quality means less non-conforming materials.
- Framing materials are built-to-spec and require very little trimming.
- Your materials go into your home, not into a dump!
Cleaner, greener construction sites.
- Less concrete = less dust & chemicals to pollute the air, soil & groundwater.
- Far less water used due to minimized concrete mixing.
- Less hydrocarbons for concrete mixers, transport trucks, etc.
- You can landscape your site while you build!
FRAME's steel structures are energy efficient.
- 25% less energy used for A/C than concrete block.
- Design of the framing members is proven to minimize heat transfer into the structure.
- Framing with steel can contribute to LEED credits.